Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So what comes next

I started to puppysit other puppies-in-training last month.In order to be a puppy raiser I need to puppysit first, so I have experience with training before I get my puppy. And it gives my family a time to decide if it's the right thing for us. It's also good for the dogs to be in different places.

First we sat a pup named Joel who is 7 months old. He has the longest legs ever! That makes him tall for his age. At first we weren't so sure if we were doing things right. But we were doing some things right and some things wrong. We didn't take him anywhere when we had him, but we had a really fun time. After he left, I told my mom that it seemed like something was missing.





Next we sat Pogo (isn't that a funny name!) who is 7 months old. He's such a snuggler! On the first night we had him ,my mom and I took him shopping with us. He did such a good job! We also brought him to church. He was such an easy pup.






Now last but not least there's Greta who is 1 year old, who we had last week. She's such a sweetheart and loves to play! But she's easily excited around people. She needs a little bit more work, but I like her a lot. She wears a headcollar. It is a tool that you put over the dog's muzzle, so I can have more control. The headcollar looks like a halter that goes on a horse.

I'm really glad I puppysat because I now know how a puppy-in-training's life is at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment